Skip Global Navigation to Main Content
Skip Breadcrumb Navigation

Please immediately report a lost or stolen passport to the Consular Section. Processing of emergency travel documents can begin the next business day. For routine passport renewals you may apply through the American Citizen Services office. Please allow at least three weeks.


Quick Tips

Commonly forgotten documents:

* Original Birth Certificate or Report of Birth Abroad (CRBA) for the minor child

* Correct size photo; 2x2 inch

* Consent from the absent parent(s) for the passport issuance (DS3053). The consent should be signed in front of the notary. Copy of the ID presented to the notary should be attached to the consent.

* Original, notarized Power of Attorney authorizing third party to sign passport application on behalf of the parent(s).

* Photos over time for all children who received their first US passport under the age of 5.

Go here for important information on forms, fees and other required documentation.

Hours of Operation

  • Passport services (including additional pages), notarial services, federal benefits services and Consular Reports of Birth Abroad (CRBA) for American citizens born in Ghana: Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. Closed on holidays. All services are by appointment only.

    Emergency services related to the serious illness or injury, death, or arrest of an American citizen: Monday - Thursday, 7:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.; Friday 7:30 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.